Monday, October 2, 2017

PILLOW OF MY BREAST, O MOTHER!



You have always, reminded me
of your loving care
in my wee days of helplessness
peeing on your stomach
banging my legs out of the bathtub
swelling my time, late
potty on your legs
ruby cheeks smiling
pampering my heart out;
indulgent
all baby oil messages
baby powder hand to hand
cooing, and cosseting
cuddle in your arms, flailing
my two little hands towards windmills
the hairs of your braid
the tussle of a loving kind

How will I reverse back
my days
onto you my loving mother
as you grow feable and weak
day by day

when out
I will go off by my growing time
getting to take your love back, my mother
and will never pee, potty and prod you
like that, again
my loving mother

what respite you gain
feable and invalid
lying your head pillow-soft

Mother,
take my breast as your pillow
the eyes as my heart
and prove me as your worthy son;
as I swallow a big lump
utterly, unuttered
silent of my wilful dreams, that
you will not leave me alone

don't you care me now, mother.
How will I do, as you did on to me
in your womb and out

mother,
why don't you speak, now.

No comments: