Saturday, February 13, 2016

EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN



Today I ate my difficult lunch;
Rice, chappati, potatoes bhujiya with less activity, and
Lesser of palatine in my mouth
As mucous was forming dry

The lunch plate was not at all finished;
Bits of food were still sticking the base,
Forming a bright and big eye to my eagle eyed teen age daughter.

Saying nothing infront of me, straightaway
She rushed to her mother, asking
Why father is eating his food slowly and taking time to eat ... leaving many chunks of chappaties, half eaten Rice and nice smelling potatoes bhujiya on the used plate.
Her mother told her, may be your father don't like potato bhujiya or smaller rice or hard chapatties. It doesn't suit his palate.

My daughter said nothing. She kept, what was supposed to keep inside her small memory.
Next day the lunch hour came as usual.

I was not in the mood to eat my lunch as I didn't supposed what was new into the menu.
But by second thought I sat with heavy pose to take my lunch.
For a while ago the table was empty, and
Lo, some familiar essence wafted the whole room.
The menu was garlanded with ladies finger, kofta of shimla green chilies, sweet smelling curd, matar paneer, full blown chapatties, basmati rice and many more..

I put a curl of eyes towards my better half.
She knew.
It all happened when our daughter went to the vegetables market and came with a basket full of my choicest vegetable along with all the delicacies

My daughter overpowered me.
That is what empowered women can do
With silence and understanding
She won what was there to own.
Satiated, I dreamt lesser of my food, than
The empowerment of women
Which can do wonder

No comments: